BrandShop is a technology and services driven company that is unique in the digital commerce industry. We approach direct to consumer opportunities with a strategic lens and deliver solutions using enterprise class technology. We are not an agency, not a systems integrator, and not a retailer – we are a consumer focused, value-add partner to many of the world’s best brands and we do amazing things for our clients that no one else can.
We are looking exclusively for agile, intelligent thinkers and doers who want to lead the industry and change the world of digital commerce for consumer-focused brands and retailers.
As a member of the Development team, the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer will be primarily responsible for the UX/UI development for new digital commerce web store launches as well as support through post-launch feature requests and bug fixes.
What you’ll do:
- Use your motivated work ethic to combine the art of design with eCommerce web development
- Work closely with the design team and translate UI/UX design wireframes to code and markup
- Work with the UI/UX designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Work well under pressure with defined deadlines
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- 3-5+ years of experience with front-end development
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS and LESS
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT and Bitbucket
- Strong understanding of responsive design and progressive enhancement techniques
- Experience with front-end lazy loading techniques for performance
- Experience developing with content management systems and writing documentation for end business users
- Knowledge of web analytics such as GTM and GA
- Knowledge of JS build tools such Gulp and Grunt
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop to work with designs/images and grab information to aid in translation to HTML/CSS
- Experience with digital commerce a plus
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) a plus
- Experience with PHP & WordPress a plus
- Experience with Node.js a plus
- Understanding of all major browsers and the special considerations required for all various quirks
- SFCC Developer certification a plus
This is a full-time consultant position that will last approximately 4 months. All work will take place onsite at our office in Shelton, CT.